תפריט
שלום Anonymous ::: 2024, 15:24
Facebook
musical act magazine המגזין הישראלי לטכנולוגיות באודיו ומוסיקה Musical Act Magazine
היוצר, תהליך ההפקה המוסיקלית ותעשיית המוסיקה
שרשרת זו הוגדרה כמועילה (245) › תצורת הדפסה
לך לעמוד הקודם  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 הגב לנושא
שימו לב: ההודעה האחרונה בשרשרת זו נכתבה לפני יותר משנה.
חשוב היטב לפני שיגור מענה לשרשרת זו
   ראשי » כתבות נושא ומדריכים
Zooot
S.Supporter
הצטרף: 19 מאי 01
הודעות: 2814
הודעה פורסם: ראשון 04 יול',04 19:26   
מרדכי :
רק עוד שאלה, אולי לא כ"כ קשורה, תסלחו לי:
זוט, אתה בטוח שמבחינת הסטנדרטים הגבוהים שלך אתה לא צדיק בסדום?
[אם נגדיר - סדום=כלל צרכני מוזיקה].

My standards r not relevant in this case.

There r enough mutual parameters 2 check whether the "digital promise" was fulfilled.

Sound did not improve with the "revolution", some would say it regressed. Most innovations in sound (if any) were conceived in the "traditional" way.

Music has become more commercialized than EVER, even the underground is researched manufactured and generated by the big labels. BTW: just now I got from the delivery guy tickets 4 the biggest "open" (not pre-sold) shows this summer... by Coka Cola.

No new messiah emerged from the MAMADS.

The vast majority of popular songs r produced "the old way" - A team of experts in specialized rooms.

The internet made it possible 4 musicians 2 jam with ppl across the globe, 1st midi, then audio. Any1 here using that option, btw?
No new horizon here either. Instead, ppl retreat further and further in2 their small rooms.

What DOES work, (as I hear from my American friends) r specialized project rooms. Programmers r 1 example, they get the trax, add in their loops sounds and edits, and ship it back. Beat doctors - these r guys that slip the performance in2 time, and nothing more. They may do pitch work also, and there r ppl 4 editing vocals 2. Top mixing engineers own their private studios, but these r actually top notch mixing rooms, geared 2 the teeth.

In short, a person may do part of the work alone, but this is a part he specializes in, and he's still a part of a team, managed by a producer.

A drummer friend of mine just opened a drum room in Brookline. Producers come in, track him and his kits and move on.
He has a 002, and records on his laptop.

B4 jumping in2 (the wrong) conclusions - this is a world class MF drummer, with 20 yrs of experience of recording in the best rooms in the world, with the best gear, by top engineers.

This guy can easily mic a drum kit (I can testify), and may engineer a drum session when needed. Even so with most producers, engineers get hired in 2 work.

Gear used is studio standard, with API and NEVE type pres, in case U were wondering.

He told me he may even try and mix, "1 day"... But 4 now he prefers 2 stay focused.

Peace,

Zooot
מרדכי
Act Compatible
הצטרף: 22 מאי 03
הודעות: 336
מיקום: here
הודעה פורסם: ראשון 04 יול',04 20:03   
כתבת:
Sound did not improve with the "revolution"

רצינו לשפר את הסאונד או לספק תחליף מספק ל"נערי הממ"ד"?

some would say it regressed.

זאת בדיוק שאלתי הקודמת: כמה דומיננטי החלק הזה? ואם הנערים הנ"ל לא שומעים את ההבדל, תפקידנו לשכנע אותם שהוא קיים? שיהנו אני אומר.
Zooot
S.Supporter
הצטרף: 19 מאי 01
הודעות: 2814
הודעה פורסם: ראשון 04 יול',04 20:49   
מרדכי :
כתבת:
Sound did not improve with the "revolution"

רצינו לשפר את הסאונד או לספק תחליף מספק ל"נערי הממ"ד"?

some would say it regressed.

זאת בדיוק שאלתי הקודמת: כמה דומיננטי החלק הזה? ואם הנערים הנ"ל לא שומעים את ההבדל, תפקידנו לשכנע אותם שהוא קיים? שיהנו אני אומר.

Mordechai, pls read the thread cuz I don't want 2 repeat the whole SHEBANG.

In short what I said was that technology was marketed as the new deliverance yet it did not DELIVER.

It did not "set us free", just diminished the "signal 2 noise" ratio.

How bad sound/music have regressed is a subjective question, it's not my intention 2 start a styling war.

As 4 my personal opinion pls refer 2 the Steve Albini quote.

In my experience the MAMAD boyz (a new band name, perhaps?) CAN tell the diff. It's just that they think the answer lies in the gear.

It's the sales weasel's job 2 let them enjoy themselves (as long as they purchase).

It's my job 2 tell my clients if it SUX, and what can they do 2 improve it.

And since this is an open debate in a community I belong 2, I just chip in my 8.948 AG' (2 cents).

U c, I'm a recording engineer.

Peace,

Zooot
 הגב לנושא
שימו לב: ההודעה האחרונה בשרשרת זו נכתבה לפני יותר משנה.
חשוב היטב לפני שיגור מענה לשרשרת זו
   ראשי » כתבות נושא ומדריכים

לך לעמוד הקודם  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
עמוד 8 מתוך 8

עשוי לעניין אותך :
:: תקנון